Tank girl

I chose to read this one because a very close past friend of mine was always a massive fan if the series. Now I see why- they are essentially tank girl themselves. It made me almost have a false sense of nostalgia while reading it. Though I think that partially might be because the style very much reminds me of the art style from the British band Gorillaz that I've listened to as long as I can remember. Both of these things also seem manga influenced in the stylization and it has me wondering why there is a specific British art style that looks like this. Maybe there is just something I can't culturally understand being American , but I think it is neat too see consistancy like that.
I wasn't really sure what to make of the comic. It was a lot raunchier then I am used too but I liked the art style and I always think futuristic outlaws are fun. I wish I saw more of her as a person aside from the surface level things that where put on her in the comic. Like it is clear she is violent and a rebel and an addict but I was curious to find out why she is those things and in the ones I read I couldn't figure out much of her behavior.

Comments

Popular Posts